We are looking for the sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing, dynamic atmosphere. Has a good understanding of (and is excited by) the challenges of scaling a tech company, including the need to move quickly, compromise for the sake of progress, and wear many hats when required. We hope you are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker, who is willing to take risks because we are looking for someone to design, lead and elevate this area completely end to end!
- Be a major individual contributor of coding on the team who is comfortable working independently
- Design and develop software features based on visual mockups or user stories
- Monitor the mobile ecosystem for native platform changes and innovative apps that can be leveraged internally for performance or user experience improvements
- Extend testing capabilities by writing unit tests, creating integration tests and assisting in QA testing during development
- Ensure reliability by always taking into consideration performance and different network connection scenarios
- Prototype user experience concepts prior to new feature implementation
- Demonstrate a deep appreciation for good design
- Experience using mobile-first RWD techniques and patterns
- Understanding of app / browser performance and techniques
- Track record of developing and leveraging existing reusable mobile UI patterns and components
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Qualifications: BS in Computer Science or similar degree
- Smart and gets things done
- Contributed to several apps in the App or Play Store
- Knowledge of React Native and Swift and/or Java programming languages
- Experience with every stage of software development process: design, architecture, maintenance, deployment, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Up to date with the latest iOS and Android best practices
- Seeks out product design opportunities. Our design team is excellent, so don’t fret if you’re not an aesthetic designer.
- Very clear written and verbal communicator
Good to have:
- Experience developing against RESTful APIs
- Attention to detail in implementing visual and interactive designs of UX designers
- Skilled at adding progressive enhancement and performant UX techniques when building interfaces
- Min. 1 – 2 Years
- Full Time
- Remote / In – Office